Can USDA Loans Be Used for Manufactured Homes?
Yes. Manufactured homes are defined by the USDA as single or multi-width units that are constructed offsite, transported to the property, and attached to a permanent foundation. In order to be eligible for USDA financing, the home must meet certain requirements:
- Must be at least 400 sq. feet and 12 or 20 feet wide (for single or double wide home).
- Both the manufactured home and the foundation must comply with federal safety and quality requirements.
- The foundation certification must be from a licensed professional engineer or architect.
- Must be located in an eligible rural area as defined by the USDA.
- Must be covered by a manufacturer’s warranty.