Manufactured Home Loans
A manufactured home is a prefabricated structure that is assembled in pieces. Modern manufactured homes are designed and constructed to meet strict federal quality and safety guidelines.
To be eligible for FHA mortgages, manufactured homes must meet the following requirements:
• Must be at least 400 sq. feet and 12 or 20 feet wide (for single or double wide home).
• Both the manufactured home and the foundation must comply with federal safety and quality requirements.
• The foundation certification must be from a licensed professional engineer or architect.
• Must be located in an eligible rural area as defined by the USDA.
• Must be covered by a manufacturer’s warranty.
• Must be built on a permanent foundation.